Today! Today! Work While You May!

The day started out OK. Up & at 'em early. Lunch bags decorated, lunches made.

Quick drive to school. Home again to find I never started the drier. 
That was a clue: Go Back To Bed.
No doing. Instead of bed: I opened the kiln.

This is what I saw: Disaster. Sigh. Really? Who is going to buy tomato soup roses? No one. These just look so gross. A few years ago the company that made the glazes I used for years simply discontinued the entire line and replaced it with "safe" (no lead) and really ugly colors. This has made working with clay frustrating & has wasted a lot of my time. 
The rest of the day has been spent researching & finding new glazes online, finally talking to a great sales person at the Amaco Company.

 Today is a cloudy, rainy, cold day. Perfect weather for a gray blue heart. 
I actually liked this heart ... then I dropped it. It is about 5 inches and meant to hang in the middle of a funky over-the-window garland. Now it will take a trip to the bottom of a house plant's pot, if lucky an African Violet.